Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I love looking at the psychology of all this...

Tippytoes does it again. This post has been discussed on a couple of blogs that I know of, but the last two sentences struck me as interesting:-
1) I want you all to not be afraid to see positive changes being made.
Putting aside the murdered grammar, why would Tippy think that Kimkins members might fear "positive changes"? What has happened that she thinks could cause fright and alarm? Does she think that all the sanitizing and photo removal could make the members think that they had been lied to, that they had been conned? Perhaps she is afraid that they may suspect that the site is about to shut down?
2) This only means we are here to stay and getting better all the time.
Oh, that is what Tippy is afraid of. So she added a rousing ending, almost a battle-cry. "C'mon, troops, lets all pull together! We shall vanquish the heathen!"

I maybe wrong, but the winning side in a war (I might as well carry on this analogy, as Tippy herself mentions it in her post) doesn't generally need much in the way of pep-talks from the leadership. The average soldier can see when they are winning, and doesn't need to be told.

I also love the way Tippy likes using very emotive words - terrorism, hazzard (sic), war, hacker, etc. Get the emotions to over-ride logical thought. To quote one of my favorite bands, "Free thinkers can be dangerous."

Q.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.